This post was originally published on Mbed Developer Blog.
Mbed Connect, Arm’s IoT Developer Conference, kicks off very soon with editions in San Jose, CA (16 October) and Shanghai (22 October).
Mbed Connect is a day-long event by developers, for developers. No marketing allowed.
Do you want to learn new skills, listen to developers that ship IoT products in volume, and play with the latest IoT technology? Get your ticket now before it’s too late!
We have a fantastic program in both locations, with keynotes by technical founders, technical sessions about the future of IoT, and plenty of interaction with the core team that builds Mbed. And there’s more… In the US we’ll have a parallel workshop track with access to some of the newest IoT technologies; and in China you’ll get access to the morning keynotes and the expo area of Tech Symposia Shanghai.
Keynotes in both locations
We’re lucky to have found three fantastic speakers who will join us in both locations. Roadshow time!
- Johan Stokking (The Things Network) explains the real constraints and challenges in using LoRaWAN to build industrial solutions.
- Neil Tan (Tech Lead, uTensor) shows how to run deep learning models on microcontrollers.
- Bartek Szatkowski (Tech Lead, Mbed OS) covers the past, present and future of Mbed OS in our own state of the union.
Highlights - Mbed Connect US
With two parallel tracks, there’s almost too much to choose from! Here are some highlights:
- Abhinav Khusraj (Petasense) tells about using Machine Learning for predictive maintenance.
- Andy Frame (Arm) shows how hackers target IoT devices, and where typical vulnerabilities are found.
- Dan Shemesh (Jumper) shows you how to add automated testing to your IoT project.
- Martin Kojtal (Arm) gives practical tips on low-power design, and how to really run your device on a battery for years.
Want to get practical? No problem. We’ll also have workshops where you’ll get hands-on experience with the latest IoT technology from our partners, including:
- Nuvoton brings the first ARMv8-m development boards to let you experience TrustZone for Cortex-M.
- NXP shows how to use Arm Pelion (just announced last month!) to make device management easy.
- Comtech maps the conference hall, and lets you do accurate indoor positioning.
- ST tells all about Bluetooth Low Energy, and how to build IoT devices that can communicate with your phone.
You could also be the first to get your hands on a copy of Mbed Studio… Stay tuned!
Still not convinced? There’s plenty more! Including sessions and workshops on big data, standards, data science, and device simulation.
Highlights - Mbed Connect China
In addition to the three speakers above, we have some amazing technical sessions that cover everything a modern IoT developer needs to know, with a focus on scaling your IoT deployment.
- Ye Lin (Director of Big Data, CHINT) shows how you go from initial PoC to a mass-produced device.
- Samuel Chiang (Director of Business Development, Arm) describes how hackers attack IoT devices and where to find typical vulnerabilities.
- Arnong Lau (President, Movtek China) presents all the bits and pieces required for building a complete hardware ecosystem.
- Gen-Tao Chiang (Big Data Engineer, Arm) shows the ‘other side of IoT’ - where the data of all devices is retrieved and analyzed.
Not sure about your English? Not an issue. We have interpreters ready for all non-Chinese sessions.
Go… Go… Go…
With only days to go, and limited tickets available, there’s no better time to grab a ticket than now. Registration is free for Mbed Connect China, and costs just $79 for Mbed Connect US (but there will be free drinks).
Jan Jongboom is a Developer Evangelist for the IoT at Arm, and will happily share a beer (or 米酒) with you at both events.